She has a cute smile. She likes to play and laugh. She is a good swimmer and hiker and climber. She played dress-up with my girl's at their grandparent's home. She is tall and has long blond hair. She is curious. She's a good sister. She's a sweetie.
We've had a very sad and difficult week in our extended family. My dear niece Allison was riding her bike with her father and sister early Tuesday evening. She was crossing a street and while one car stopped for her another car changed lanes and ended up hitting her. She was taken to a hospital, but passed away within a short while. She was 11-years-old (12 in January).
We are all heartbroken. We love her and her dear family. We hope to be able to travel to Arizona to see all of them. We are sad that we don't live closer to them. But, we're thankful for the fun times we've had when we were able to get together.
 |
| cousins and Ryan playing (2006) |
 |
| Allison, Robbie, and Amberly (2007) |
 |
| girl cousin sleepover (2008) |
 |
| Allison's family (Summer 2010) |
 |
| Family Reunion photo (Summer 2010) |
We are thankful for the blessings of the temple that come through the priesthood of God. We are thankful that her parents were sealed in the temple and through our own covenants we are all sealed into one eternal family. We are thankful for the love and saving atonement that Jesus Christ provides us. It makes all the difference in the world.
4 comments:
I'm a so sorry for your lost. I hope that the Lord is able to provide you and your family with the comfort needed during this difficult time.
Sorry sorry for your lost. Keeping your family in our prayers.
That is tragic, and I'm so sorry for her family and all the extended family. I hope your children are able to feel the comfort the knowledge of the gospel brings. I'll hold my nearly-12-years-old a little closer and think of Allison.
I just can't quit thinking about Allison, about you, about Mindy and her family. And my heart hurts for all of you.
My uncle is Mindy's Bishop and I spent a good while today talking to my aunt about Allison and the amazing little person that she was.
Sending a big hug from across the miles. Love you!
Post a Comment